Sunday, October 26, 2008

I've been away for awhile and for very good reason. Nothing's been happening. It's been one of those periods where people have just been content to do the normal everyday things, you know, get up, get ready for work, deal with the usual bullshit, meet friends for coffee, hang out, watch movies, get drugged on routine etc etc. Now suddenly, that has all changed. I have received an offer to teach overseas!

Yay!

Finally, it's happened; what I've been waiting and praying for for 3 whole years. It's happening in 2 WEEKS! Yikes! And here I am, sitting here, typing away, not having done a thing to plan for it, not having even told my family. Deep down I'm still wondering if it's actually going to happen. And also, if I really want it to happen. It will take me away from my home, family and friends. It will change everything about my life, from what I eat to where I sleep, to what I see when I step out my front door.

Reader, don't hate me, but I have to say, I'm feeling a little less than thrilled right now. I feel like a hobbit that's been too long accustomed to her little hobbit hole and is scared of what the world will dish up for her if she takes the step to go yonder. I feel utterly sick inside. It's the first time I've actually planned something without parental approval, the first time I'm going overseas alone. It's just scaring the living daylights out of me!

No comments: